SMB&T routing number: 072402283
This number can also be found printed on the bottom left side of your checks. The routing number on your SMB&T checks identifies SMB&T as the financial institution where you account resides.
Southern Michigan Bank & Trust
51 W. Pearl Street
PO Box 309
Coldwater, MI 49036
Customer Service & Support
Our local customer service support center can be reached at
517-279-5500. Or click on the "Contact Us" button down below.
Hours of operation:
Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
Saturday 9:00 am - Noon
Any inquiries submitted after Noon on Saturdays will be answered on the following business day.
Personal Teller Machines (PTMs)
SMB&T is proud to offer Personal Teller Machine services to our customers. A Personal Teller Machine (PTM) functions as an ATM, but with the ability to speak directly to a live Teller by simply touching the screen. A live person will appear on the screen and assist you with any regular, Teller-based transactions until 7:00 pm.
For PTM locations, visit our Locations & Hours page.
SMB&T Telephone Banking: 800-600-2136
Telephone Banking options:
- Balance inquiries
- Transaction history inquiries
- Funds transfer
- Loan payments
- Stop payments
- Activate an ATM/debit card
- Report a lost or stolen card
- Change debit card PIN
SMB&T Telephone Banking is available 24/7.
The best defense against fraud is knowledge and understanding how to prevent it.
- Protect your account information; do not carry your PIN or bank account information in your wallet.
- Never sign blank forms or documents.
- Never wire money or send funds to anyone you do not know and trust.
- Do not share personal information over the phone, online, or on social media.
- Use strong passwords with more than 8 characters in length; include capital letters, numbers, and special characters (!@#$*).
- Change your password frequently, and do not use the same password for multiple websites or accounts.
- Use secure internet connections that are set up with a password; fraudsters can access information through free Wi-Fi connections.
- Use antivirus protection and make sure the software is up to date.
Contact us if you have any questions about fraud, or if you think you may be a victim of fraud.
SMB&T is a participating member of the FDIC. The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) is an independent agency of the United States government that protects the funds depositors place in banks and savings associations. FDIC insurance is backed by the full faith and credit of the United States government.
Accounts covered by the FDIC:
- Checking accounts
- Savings accounts
- Money market deposit accounts
- Certificates of deposit
For more information, visit the FDIC website.
Report Lost/Stolen Card
To report a lost or stolen card, please call the following numbers based on the type of card: