To serve you better, we recently enhanced several of our services. To find out what has changed, read the information below or just click on your topic of interest: Online Banking, Mobile Banking, Bill Pay, Telephone Banking, eStatements, Paper Statements, or Quicken. We’ve also included some FAQs to help.
We are pleased to announce that we have completed several enhancements to our banking services. We are especially excited about these upgrades because of the new features we are now able to offer you. For example, Online Banking users can now enjoy more options for managing accounts and more choices on how to view statements and receive notices or special alerts.
We have worked hard to make the transition to these upgrades as smooth as possible, but we will need you to re-establish some functions. We apologize for this inconvenience but believe the enhanced services will be worth the effort.
As always, taking care of you is our top priority. That is why we have created this page to help answer some of your questions. But, in case you find you need additional support, we are temporarily extending our Customer Contact Center hours from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm. You can reach us at 800-379-7628, or you can visit any branch office during regular business hours if you have questions.
Online Banking has many new features for you to explore. Now, you can customize how your content is displayed and you’ll be able to manage your accounts with greater ease. One of the first things you will notice is our updated interface. This new interface is more intuitive and it allows you to customize the widgets based on your preferences. This will allow you to navigate quickly between different tasks such as checking your balances, downloading eStatements, scheduling bill payments, updating account preferences, and add personal or account reminders.
Another exciting new feature is our online financial management tool which will allow you to categorize transactions, create financial goals, and set up budgets and alerts that will assist with monitoring your spending habits. You will even be able to import information about accounts and investments not held at SMB&T, giving you an overview of your entire portfolio.
- To access your enhanced Online Banking account – It is possible there may be heavy first-time login traffic which could slow the system’s response time. Please allow approximately 10 minutes for your initial login. Also, you will need to re-establish some functions within your online banking account. For your convenience, you may use our step by step instructions.
- For more information – You may find our step by step guide helpful for your initial login. It will provide you helpful tips and hints about re-establishing your account and finding things within in the new interface. Or, check out the online demo. It is a great way to get familiar with the interface and to discover all the new ways you can make online banking work for you.
Mobile Banking now allows you to pay bills from your phone or tablet!
To access your enhanced Mobile Banking account – All current Mobile Banking users will need to re-enroll for the service. Please first log into your Online Banking on a
regular PC, laptop or tablet using the step by step login instructions (see page 7). After this initial login, you will be able to access mobile banking through the following methods:
- Android App: An updated SMB&T Mobile Banking app is available at the Android App Store. Please uninstall the current app on your mobile device and download this updated version so you may continue to access our Mobile Banking services. Please Note: You must first log into Online Banking and set up your security features prior to being able to use this option.
- iOS App: An updated SMB&T Mobile Banking app is avaiable in the iTunes store. Please uninstall the current app on your mobile device and download this updated version so you may continue to access our Mobile Banking services. Please Note: You must first log into Online Banking and set up your security features prior to being able to use this option.
- Mobile Banking Web Version: From any web enabled smart phone, you can access our mobile Online Banking. Log into Online Banking and from the Options tab, enable your Mobile Settings. Once this is complete, you will receive a text message with the non-application based Mobile Banking web link included.
The only thing that has changed with Bill Pay is how easy it is to find within Online Banking. You will not need to re-establish any data regarding your Bill Pay account. Simply log into Online Banking to access your Bill Pay service. For your convenience, you may use our step by step instructions (see page 8).
The biggest changes you will notice with Telephone Banking are the updated menu options.
- To access Telephone Banking – When you access Telephone Banking for the first time after August 26th, you will need to establish a new PIN.
- For more information – For your convenience, we have included a printable reference sheet with the new prompts in the printable guide (see page 3).
eStatements continues to be a convenient and secure way to receive and view your statements. eStatements now feature an updated layout and enhanced features, such as the availability of combined monthly statements for most multiple accounts holders, a snapshot of all accounts listed together at the beginning of the statement, and breakdowns of individual accounts that follow with running lists of transaction activity. Another enhancement you may notice is the “Reconciliation Wizard”, which can help you balance your checkbook register easily.
- To access your enhanced eStatements - Your eStatement enrollment will transfer to the upgraded system. To view your eStatements, simply log into your Online Banking Account. If you need to access copies of old statements and notices, please contact your local branch for assistance. Around the end of September, old eStatements will become visible to you again.
- For more information – Visit our online demo and click “eStatements” in the top gray bar.
Paper statements will have a new, clean layout. They will have enhanced features such as the availability of combined monthly statement for most multiple accounts holders, a snapshot of all accounts listed together at the beginning of the statement, and breakdowns of individual accounts that follow with running lists of transaction activity.
- When to expect your enhanced paper statement - Your statement will have the new layout beginning with the September statement cycle.
- For more information – Be sure to read page 4 of the printable guide.
Quicken OFX/Direct Connect will now be available to all consumer and business customers who are enrolled in Online Banking without the need for a separate PIN (formerly called a password). Quicken users will need to follow specific steps before attempting to download information to their home software. If these steps are not followed, your transactions may post twice in your Quicken register. Click here to view and print the instructions specific to your version of Quicken.
Q. Will my Debit or ATM card work?
A. Yes, there are no changes to your card or PIN. You can use your card at merchants and ATMs.
Q. What do I do if I don’t receive or lose my Online Banking ID or PIN (formerly called a password)?
A. If you haven’t received this information by August 22nd, or if you misplace it, contact SMB&T.
Q. Did the upgrade affect my SMB&T Money Market accounts?
A. No. There are no changes to how you access your Money Market accounts.
Q. What happened to my August eStatement?
A. August eStatements were processed on August 22nd and were sent to you. Sometime in September, old eStatements will be visible again in Online Banking. Copies of old statements and notices are always available by contacting SMB&T.
Q. How were my Cash Management Account be affected?
A. Cash Management customers will benefit from all the upgrades outlined in this printable guide. Plus, you’ll have access to enhanced online cash management tools. You’ll also notice that when you log in to Online Banking, you’ll no longer need to choose the “Cash Management” button before entering your Online Banking ID. The new system will automatically recognize you and give you access to both your personal and business accounts.