Click for important information about Home Depot data breach.
Reporting Lost or Stolen Cards
If you are a Southern Michigan Bank and Trust card holder and need to report a lost or stolen ATM or Debit Mastercard® please call toll free: 866-546-8273.
Debit/Credit Card Protection
The security and privacy of your payments are important. Protect your cards with your own personal password so only you can purchase with them online. It is easy, safe and free* of charge. Click here to register for this complimentary service.
ATM Security Measures
At SMB&T, our customers are our highest priority. So naturally we want to share this information and urge you to follow these precautions to limit your exposure to risks when using ATM and night depository facilities:
- Prepare for your transactions at home (for instance, by filling out a deposit slip) to minimize your time at the ATM or night deposit facility.
- Mark each transaction in your account record, but not while at the ATM or night deposit facility. Always save your ATM receipts. Donít leave them at the ATM or night deposit facility because they may contain important account information.
- Compare your records with the account statements you receive.
- Donít lend your ATM/debit card to anyone.
- Be sure to remove your card from the ATM and do not leave any documents at a night deposit facility.
- Protect the secrecy of your Personal Identification Number (PIN). Protect your ATM/debit card as though it were cash. Donít tell anyone your PIN. Donít give anyone information regarding your ATM/debit card or PIN over the telephone. Donít write your PIN where it can be discovered. For example, donít keep a note of your PIN in your wallet or purse.
- Prevent others from seeing you enter your PIN by using your body to shield their view. If you lose your ATM/debit card or if it is stolen, promptly notify us. You should consult the other disclosures you have received about electronic fund transfers for additional information about what to do if your card is lost or stolen.
- When you make a transaction, be aware of your surroundings. Look out for suspicious activity near the ATM or night deposit facility, particularly if it is after sunset. At night, be sure that the facility (including the parking area and walkway) is well lighted. Consider having someone accompany you when you use the facility, especially after sunset. If you observe any problem, go to another ATM or night deposit facility.
- Donít accept assistance from anyone you donít know when using an ATM or night deposit facility.
- If you notice anything suspicious or if any other problem arises after you have begun an ATM transaction, you may want to cancel the transaction, pocket your card and leave. You might consider using another ATM or coming back later.
- Donít display your cash; pocket it as soon as the ATM transaction is completed, and count the cash later when you are in the safety of your own car, home or other secure surrounding.
- At a drive-up facility, make sure all the car doors are locked and all windows are rolled up, except the driverís window. Keep the engine running and remain alert to your surroundings.
- We want the ATM and night deposit facility to be safe and convenient for you. Therefore, please tell us if you know of any problem with a facility. For instance, let us know if a light is not working or there is any damage to a facility. Please report any suspicious activity or crimes to both the operator of the facility and local law enforcement officials immediately.
* Fees from your mobile or data carrier may apply.